Sunday, August 19, 2012

A little more about me

Today I am going to share a little of my story so people can begin to really know me.

I was born to a single alcoholic Mother and I am the oldest. My Mom was the oldest of 6 kids herself. When I was 3 years old I was put into the DCFS system(Childcare services). I proceeded to go through 6 different homes before I was adopted at the age of 6. I was adopted by a couple who had an older child of there own. The home was not a great place for me. I was constantly being emotionally abused by my Adopted Mother being called names and my self esteem has been through hell my whole life. I was told by her that I would never amount to anything and I would be a bad Mother.

 I was basically beat down by her with her words every day. To this day I struggle with my self esteem.

I was not allowed to have any friends, go to any sleepovers. I couldn't watch too much TV and I had to be outside in the yard all day if it was above 32 degrees. She would take me to Psychiatrists and when things would start to get around to talking about her treatment of me she would pull me out of that Psychiatrist's office and send me to another. I was not a bad kid because I was always afraid to do anything wrong. I never talked back at all.

I started running away in the 4th grade and ran off and on for almost 5 years. When I was in 9th grade and was 16 years old I told the police that I would only go back to that house if I had a court order to return.

Thankfully I never got that court order.

I spent the next 3 years going in and out of foster homes and in the process went to 5 different high schools. I never actually graduated but I did get my GED right away after I quit when I was 19 years old. This is when my Biological Mother died and I will end today's Blog at that and tomorrow will share the after my Mom's death life.

No comments:

Post a Comment